Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What's going on...

I have been terrible at updating the blog lately. Each time I say I am going to do it, something come up, so I am making time now. It has been a rough couple weeks. After my scare with the baby I learned that my uncle passed. This was very sudden and unexpected and been very hard on my family.

This was my uncle Richard, my dad's older brother, and he was very dear to me. He is probably where I get my bluntness from and he always made us laugh at family gatherings. Usually it was because he was wearing sweatpants and brought his book to read and his own tea to drink. Our functions will never be the same.

I have been trying to make sure my aunt and cousin are doing ok. I have never been in their shoes before so it is hard to relate. I had lunch with my aunt on Saturday and we had a great time, Meredith was with us and she does have the ability to make someones day, I know she does mine.

I went back to the doctor last week and everything looks good. Still supposed to take it easy, but the baby is forming nicely. I could see it's arms and legs flailing around on the ultrasound.

Now I am just looking forward to being done teaching my class for the semester. It has been rough because it doesn't start until 7:30pm. I enjoy the class and my students but I can't do it at that time again, it has killed me. But this is my last week and next weekend we are leaving for FL to go for a brief visit to Disney and visit my Mom. It should be very relaxing.

Also, Meredith is walking like a champ and she is even trying to run. I keep meaning to get the video camera out, but again, always forget. She even made it down the driveway by herself yesterday. It is sloped towards the bottom and she usually tumbles down, but yesterday she did it beautifully. Now we are just working on going inside doors from inside to outside (you know, ones with a little step up).

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Somehow I missed reading your entry about the scare with the baby! I know how awful that is -- I had a similar situation occur with Luke. (They think there probably was a twin.) It's so hard to wait for the next doctor's appt/ultrasound to make sure baby is okay. I know everything is going to be okay. You're in my prayers!

Glad to see you back in the blogosphere. Take care!