Bill and I finally got to our picture hanging project this weekend. With the nasty weather there wasn't much else to do.
I have been wanting to have a picture wall for quite some time, but we haven't had the wall space. Now that we have our new TV, our large wall in the living room was pretty bare, so I was really excited to get to do this project.
I started by collecting many different types of black frames, which I have been doing since we got married. I have been adding more recently since I knew we would be able to to do this wall and I got a lot on sale. We taped off the wall with the outline of where we wanted to hang the pictures and then I really started thinking about how we were going to do this. After thinking about it for a long time I decided that we would use the largest pictures to anchor the space and fill in with the smaller ones. The thing that made this project pretty easy was that we bought some of the new 3M picture hanging strips. Having these eliminated having to have a measuring tape and tons of nails (I can't imagine having to fix all those later). All it took was a level and patience.
After about 2 hours this is what we have...
Day 7: The adventure continues
3 years ago