Thursday, September 10, 2009

Introducing Tinsley Morgan Rowley

Well what a more fitting way to write my 100th blog posting, to announce the birth of our second daughter, Tinsley Morgan Rowley. I am terrible at taking pictures of myself while pregnant, so here is what I looked like bright and early this morning.

We had the first c-section this morning at 7:30am and had to be at the hospital at 5:30am (what fun). Northeast Georgia Medical Center has opened a new wing for Women and Children since we had Meredith and the changes are wonderful. I cannot complain one bit about all the services and new things they do here now.

Tinsley arrived into the world at 7:53am weighing a whopping 8lbs, 5oz. and 20.5" long. I never thought she would be this big, I was thinking maybe 7lbs. It is a huge difference considering Meredith only weighed 5lbs., 6oz. (keeping in mind she was 4 weeks early). She started screaming immediately and "passed" her first test in life (APGAR). Here is when I first got to meet her. One thing I love about the new set-up is that the nursery comes to you so she and Bill were always within sight, including while I was in recovery.

Tinsley has a full head of thick dark hair, we could easily put a bow in it. The funny thing is, yesterday when they did my final ultrasound you could see she had a lot of hair, the doctor joked she had an afro. Meredith had a lot of hair when she was born so I was not expecting a bald baby, but I would not have guessed she would have this much hair!
She has taken to nursing really well and is a very healthy baby. It is nice having her here with us and not in the nursery or NICU. My blood pressure went up once I got into my room, but it is fine now and we are both well.

My mom got here with Meredith about 5pm and while she wasn't really sure what was up with this baby, she said she loved her and gave her a kiss. We have pictures but haven't gotten those loaded on the computer yet. I have been dying to write this post all day but the wireless here at the hospital is really slow so it is taking forever to do anything.
I was able to get up and get moving right around 8pm tonight and I feel great. It wasn't as hard to get out of bed this time and now that I have moved I feel a lot better (sorry to my friend Chris who hasn't had it as easy as me, but I have done this before and this is her first time). While up I was eager to change Tinsley (even though I knew she had a blowout) because I hadn't really seen her unswaddled. I love her chubbiness!
Now we are going to get some rest and enjoy our new baby girl. I think she will be a Daddy's girl just like her sister.

Thank you to everyone for all your well wishes, thoughts, and prayers! We have the greatest friends and family in world!


Lindsey said...

So glad to hear you had a great experience and that you are all doing well!!! She's beautiful!!!!

Cecilia said...

She's beautiful! So glad to hear that things went well.

The Knights said...

I can't believe how big your belly was! You look great! I am so happy for you and she is beautiful (even with the afro!) I am so glad yall are doing well! I can't wait to see more pictures!