Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cloth Diapering

As many of you know we are using cloth diapers with Tinsley. We have been using them since she was 3 weeks old and so we are about at 6 months with them. I LOVE them. We use bumGenius brand which is an All-in-One pocket diaper. It is also one size and you adjust it to fit your growing baby. We occasionally use the traditional pre-fold diapers when we are washing, but I do not like those so I avoid that as much as possible. We have been very fortunate to have been given many of these diapers as gifts. While expensive, an initial invest of between $300-$400 can save you boat loads of money depending on how many kids you have. But most importantly we are helping out our planet.

I tell lots of people about these diapers, but I have a great friend who is really interested in them, so I decided it would be easiest to explain how we do things with some videos. Then I thought others might be interested, hence the sharing here.

Bill and I are not film makers so these are pretty rough but you get the idea. In the two videos we are demonstrating basic use and cleaning of daily poop. I will post again tomorrow about how we wash them.

2 comments:

Lindsey Oliver said...

Wow, I'm so impressed! Good for y'all. You don't even want to know what we spend in disposibles for two. :(

The Knights said...

Thank you ooodles for that! I am so very thankful! I will send you a fb message. But, very helpful and I will get William to watch this! Ultra helpful! The way I figured it, since we are starting now how we have been spending in diapers if he is potty trained by around 21/2 yrs old - what it costs for this initial investment and water difference, we will be saving around $1300 between now and when he is 2 1/2! And, the whole environment thing too I guess!