Monday, May 12, 2008

My First Mother's Day


To celebrate my first Mother's Day (and to get a little vacation in) we went to Florida to see my mom. We love going down there and it now usually provides us with a chance to visit Bill's family in Albany to break up the trip. We headed out Thursday evening to go to Bill's sister's house and after getting much needed haircuts (us, not Meredith) we headed to FL. The weather was great, nice and hot, except for Mother's Day which was very windy. My mom, her friend Kathy, and I all got pedicures on Saturday morning and I was also able to finish reading Memoirs of a Geisha. On Mother's Day, Bill made my mom and I breakfast and I also for an iPod from Bill and Meredith. That afternoon we went to my Uncle Jack and Aunt Toni's house for dinner. We were able to have Meredith's first pool experience, which didn't last long since the water was so cold, but she did seem to enjoy it, so we will definitely have to plan another short trip this summer. Below are some pictures.

Now that I am a mother I realize I am even more grateful for my own and all the mothers in my life. Motherhood is a blessing! I cannot wait to spend many more with my family as it will hopefully continue to grow.

Happy Mother's Day to all!!


No comments: