Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wordy Wednesday

I decided not to write about the election because I just didn't really see the point. People vote for who they want and I know that I won't be able to change their minds. WARNING: I might say something that offends you, but this is my opinion and it may not be yours, you have your right to an opinion as well.

This was a historical year and I knew I had to vote. I don't vote in primaries because I don't align myself with any particular political party. And it is funny to me how my views have changed over the years, especially now that I am married and a mother. When I was in college I was very liberal and probably aligned more with democrats, no I am more conservative on some issues.

I am proud to say that I voted for John McCain. I voted for him because the most important issue to me is the right for life. Life begins at conception, period. While I believe in a woman's right to choose, you shouldn't be able to kill a child because you had unprotected sex. And I certainly don't believe in a partial birth abortion which makes me sick thinking about it. There are thousands (maybe more) of families that would be happy to adopt unwanted children. I have a friend that was blessed to be able to do that and thank the Lord everyday that he was able to give them that gift. The other main reason I voted for McCain is because he supports our military and has military experience. I am of the opinion that our leader should have some form of military experience.

Now, I know a lot of McCain supporters like to say that Obama does not have the experience and likened having him as our President to having a doctor that didn't finish law school. I think this is very unfair, there are no rules out there that say you have to have been a Senator for x amount of time before you can be President. He was qualified to run and that is what matters as well as his views. These are the important things. I don't feel it is important that he is African American, but some people thought that was the most important thing. I know a lot of people voted for him because they believe in his policies, but I know of a lot of people who voted for him because of the color of his skin and that is wrong.

I will end with this, thank God it wasn't Hilary, and while President Elect Obama was not my choice I have to support our country's choice as we are the United States of America.

1 comment:

Amanda L said...

She was toooooo cute as a kangaroo. We have had the crud at our house so I have been behind on blogging.