Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Two Cents

Can you tell I haven't had time to blog lately? I have diarrhea of the mouth. So I wanted to share something with you that we learned since Bill had this accident. If your car is totaled or someone hits you going over 35mph then insurance companies will replace your car seat because they do not want the liability if something happened again. Once we got the word that Bill's car had been totaled we were working with the insurance company about what to do for replacement. Basically our company (USAA) will reimburse you for up to $100 to replace your car seat. This works fine for us since we have a mid-priced Graco seat, but this gives me even more of a reason to share with mothers not to buy a Britax or other high priced car seat. If you were in an accident and needed a car seat replacement your insurance company would not give you the same one. Don't get me wrong, Britax is a great car seat, but you won't see me paying that kind of money for something and then not get it replaced if something like this were to happen. The man we were working with said the $100 reimbursement was standard with most insurance companies. So save you money for something else. That's just my two cents.

No comments: