Friday, January 2, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

So I have been a SAHM for the past two weeks. Well not really, but I have been off and discovered that I can't get anything done. I am sure I would be more schedule if I were a SAHM than I did the last two weeks.

I haven't found anytime to blag since last week so here is what we did for Christmas and New Year. We always spend Christmas at home so enjoyed a laid back day. We had my dad's side over as well as Bill's side for Christmas just not on the same day. I am not sure if I would want to do this again because I felt like I was constantly cleaning, so maybe an Open House next year would be better. We'll see. Of course Meredith was spoiled rotten and she hasn't even played with everything she got. This is what she saw first thing when she came into the living room...
Way to go Santa! She loved the Ball pit, especially when Mommy and Daddy get in there with her.

We spent this past week fighting illnesses. Meredith was on steriods the week of Christmas but she never seemed to get back to 90%, much less 100%. We were supposed to go to our friends house for New Years Eve, but we canceled because I wasn't feeling well. So we stayed at home, watched football (Bill doesn't want to talk about it), I feel asleep on the couch (par for the course) and Bill woke me up for a kiss at midnight. Our neighbors were going crazy with fireworks and yesterday morning we discovered they even burnt some of their yeard, idiots. This is why you do fireworks on the pavement.

Anyway, today I took Meredith back to the doctor to find that she has not only her first ear infection, but a double ear infection. She even had pustules on her tonsils (uh oh, she may turn out like her mom after all). So we are home again with meds and we will not be going to Albany to see Bill's dad. Bill even doesn't feel well now, and of course I am now fine. I guess I should be thankful that we are all not sick at once.

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I can't wait to see what is in store for us this year. Here are a few more pictures from Christmas.




1 comment:

Cecilia said...

Too cute, I love her little outfit!